Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Food Experiences in KL

Picture 1 - Mun Wah Hokkien Mee


Picture 2 - Mun Wah Hokkien Mee

Picture 3 - Jalan Ah Lor

Picture 4 - Ishq Restaurant

Picture 5 - Best Toast in Puchong

Picture 6 - The Toast itself

The family were in KL for a week. There wasn't any place to go except to relax and eat.

And eat we did.
  • Don't eat at stalls where the cook or chef is no longer the original fellow we go there for in the first place. There has been a proliferation of foreign workers doing the cooking while the locals sit back and watch football or count their monies.

  • The price of food has increased significantly in KL. A bowl of noodle could go for RM3 to RM4. On a dollar to dollar basis, the cost of living is high in KL.


  • Wanton mee in KL is free of ketchup and I love it!! The char siew has that little bit of fat to give me the oomph!!! Hawkers in Singapore are often at a loss when I tell them not to put chilli or ketchup. "Then put what?????"


  • My sister introduced me to a stall in Puchong that gives me the best toast at RM3 per piece. The peanut butter concortion aroma and taste still linger in my senses. See pics above.


  • We had smoked or barbecued crabs in Klang.


  • Imagine eating 60 gigantic pieces of yong tau foo admist thunder, lightning, winds and heavy rain.


  • On the high end side, we experienced Indian fusion cuisine at Ishq Restaurant. I had to ask the concierge on the spelling the name of restaurant.
Till the next trip, sigh.... and miss you.

No comments: