Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My KL Internet Story




[With Barry Manilow singing on radio in the background, I write this entry.]

------------------------------------------------------

I took the picture of the guy in white t-shirt. He just sat down in a very nice seat, opened his laptop and started typing away.

Nonchalant to the fact he is sitting in a very expensive real estate, tapping on internet brodband without paying for it.

On a more serious note, many homes in Malaysia still do not have access to broadband internet connection. At best, we are still talking about dial-ups.

So many of our friends in KL are really dependent on broadband access at these drinking joints sprouting all over KL and suburban centres.

I was beaming with joy when I saw a broadband cable in our hotel room. After I plugged it in, the home page gave me the pricing.

"RM$58 for 24 hours"
Hmmm? [I actually comtemplated.]
"No way I am paying that price." Good nite ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i got a shock from SG Starhub regards to my internet connection usage through my mobile phone in KL. They are informing that the bill comes up to be $1100 for just 2 hrs of connection through my mobile. Can you believe that? sigh...

Anyone to advice?

Edgar Wong said...

Hi,

Can give me more info?

Have you been billed for the service already?

Did you actually use the service?

Or did accidentally left the connection on?

When did this happened?

This is interesting. Let me know, pls.