Friday, November 03, 2006

Curry puff de parfume


Dear friends,

Do you notice that you smell of food after walking near the small little food shops hawking a lot of fried stuff sprouting out at ground level of shopping malls?

I avoid walking along the covered pedestrain walkway of this particular mall in Tampines. Hmmm... I wonder where the smell comes from. As I look around, I see the exhaust outlets just above my head attempting to bellow the fumes of fried bread, fried prawn, fried fish ball etc etc towards the roads but were instead blown back towards the poor souls like me walking along the walkway . See picture for an idea.

The property owners have transformed areas originally not designed for food outlets into food outlets.

Should we insist that these property owners use more of the rental income collected for a better solution?

I hope this will help to raise awareness for you and I don't have to say this to you, "Hei! Are you using the new curry puff de parfume?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting title to capture the attention of readers. I hated the smell of food on me too.

Anonymous said...

Good article Edgar. Hope it not only brings on the awareness of the foodstall owners operating at Tampines only. Lots of other places have such problems too i.e. The Arcade at Raffles Place. :)