Friday, August 17, 2007

Some news bites still in my mind

a brightly-lit signboard at a dark public carpark

The following are some interesting news I read and whatever remained of them in my head.

The first two are very sad indeed and I do hope we will spare a moment and pray for them. One was really stupid and confusing. And one was just plain bloody. And I end with one star story in a condescending tone.

  • Bus accident story - Rescuers found a 3-year boy alive held tightly in the bosom of his dead mother. Her head was broken and twisted all the way to the back.

  • In the same bus story - The 8-month foetus was ripped off from her mother's womb.

  • The Dalvey story - A father came home. Saw the 20-something-year-old boyfriend of his 30-something-year-old daughter, coming out of his daughter's room, wearing ONLY an underwear. The young man (I think) started stabbing the father and the maid... Haiz...

  • In a matter of a few weeks, the stock markets of the world went into a tailspin. About 700 points disappeared from Singapore's Straits Times Index together with billions of dollars (some of them, mine).

  • To the many new "bird" investors out there, you can now placed a "STAR" on your shoulder and say, "I have experienced one stock market crash, hereby named the Sub-prime thingy."

Good night, my beloved friends and take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

say... wat r u doing in a dark carpark?? HA HA HA