Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Thank you for waiting...


... your call is important to us. It will be answered by the first available officer."

The same recorded message was repeated so many times till I felt like puking. I am repeatedly told that I am very important and yet I have to wait for service.

Looking at the elapsed time of the call on my handphone ie. about 10 mins, I was finally attended to by a sweet sounding girl apologising with the same standard answer ie. "We are experiencing a very high call in rate."

My response to the poor girl, "I have been given the same reason so many times. It is quite sad that DBS Bank is not capable of solving this problem."

P/S - If you were a DBS Bank officer and wish to do something about this, I called 1800-111-1111 at 12.28pm on 28 July 2007.

I nearly forget why I called in the first place. Oh yes.. I wanted to know why I cannot transfer my money from my saving account to my Cashline account.

"Mr Wong, you can do so under BILL PAYMENT. Let me walk you through."

"Huh?" I exclaimed weakly.

Cashline is not given the official status of being an "account of the customer". Now I know.

P/S - Dear DBS Bank, can you explain why I cannot make IPO application from Cashline account?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yooo....one of the problem i had facing b4 more serious is i wanted to make a cancellation of the unit trust i had sign up with them. As per contract, if would like to cancel the unit trust u had bought, it only can cancel it within 7 days & dont have any admin charges, they will refund the full principles. When the manager of DBS bank (Raffles Place)help me to do a cancellation, he also got mention is to me it dont have any admin charges, but few days later i received the 1st statement from DBS bank they got charge me the admin charges & the 2nd statement they also charge me the admin charges, i'm was very angry until go down to the bank again & scolding the manager of DBS bank (Raffles Place).That's the very bad experiences. I feel disappointed of their services & their internal communication.


From: JT