Friday, August 03, 2007

buses with camera




I heard somewhere that buses plying the CBD area will have camera installed to catch vehicles straying into the bus lane during restricted hours.

I would really applaud the move. Not just for the single reason above.

It would be a double-edged sword for the bus drivers where you can now have evidence that buses maybe beating red lights at Eu Tong Sen road, buses sitting in the middle of yellow box and blocking the world from rotating and buses straying out of bus lane toO.

Another use for these cameras would be to provide evidence on accidents related or not related to the buses. So take down the registration numbers of buses passing by the accident area if you need pictures of it.

Is the camera-in-bus story I heard, a REALITY? I really hope so.

If not, I still have to continue taking pictures of buses breaking traffic rules like the above.

No comments: