Sunday, July 06, 2008

Value of Time

Brian Lam's design

Well this is the second time this year where I have to deal with someone in the banking industry for NOT understanding the VALUE of TIME.

Well Edgar, why are you picking on people in banking?
My answer would be that they are the people who is suppose to know very well as they charge you interest on loan every second of the day.

There was this salesperson from a local bank who was supposed to call me on Tuesday. She finally called me on Friday with her bubbly voice. I tried to dampen her bubbliness by telling her that I had wanted to complain against her for time tardiness.

She apologised with a reason. I was not going to accept it. So I told her in no uncertain terms that she has lost the deal due to her mistake. Full stop.

I am wondering why the bank allows the sales staff to hoard sales leads when the staff concerned was not able to complete the transaction. The bank should have a system for someone else to take over. Well the bank lost too. Poor sales management.

The third issue I have is that the caller's phone numbers is hidden. Why? Are you trying to do business or not?

No comments: