Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ode to Gantries

To the rest of the World, this is our famous ERP gantry.

It is said that each gantry costs $1.5mio to build. With ST's new IVU, will it mean ERP charges would be lower? Don't think our pockets would be better off but LTA's efficiency would improve.

How do I feel about the inner city gantries ie. ERP within ERP?
Somehow feel like East Berlin and West Berlin. If I am on this side of the Singapore river today, I will try not to go to the other side of river.

Since the LTA would determine charges according to the average speed of vehicles passing through the gantries, my advice to all fellow drivers, we need to up speed collectively to save our pockets.

Our honourable minister said in the long run, the ERP gantries would be good for the restaurants and businesses in CBD areas. I heard over the radio, "In the long run, I wonder whether our businesses would be around to enjoy it."

No comments: