Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Complimentary Massage


I got a spam call from a spa offering me free message.

"How did you get my HP number?" I asked.
"From our databases or it could your friend who have referred you..."

In my mind I told myself, "If you accept, you could be in for a "time-share" pressure selling."

I accepted her invitation anyway as the address given was in Takashimaya.

On Monday night with a very tight shoulder, I strolled in just before 8pm. Greeted by receptionist, I was invited to sit down at the sofa with a cup of tea. I readied myself for the onslaught of pressure selling to sign up for packages.

Not yet. I was only asked to fill in forms to complete their database on Edgar. I filled questions about my name, contact number, sex, marital status, occupation to THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE :)...

After which, I was efficiently guided to a room for the promised 30-min massage. It was pleasantly done.

I was guided to the lounge area for another cup of tea. "Pressure selling next. Edgar be ready."

I sat there for more than 10 mins, twiddling my fingers, looking at the ceiling, looking at decor, looking at people being sold etc etc.

Finally I decided to leave. "Good bye," said the receptionist.
"Good night and thank you," I said in appreciation that I was spared!

===============================

So what happened?

Did they just give me a free massage without even trying to sell me anything?

Or did they mess up ie. incurred heavy cost of bringing Edgar to the spa without ensuring a CRO is tagged to Edgar to complete the sales process?

Only they know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so was the massage lady pretty?

Edgar Wong said...

well.. could be better.. but i was really hoping for a good msg