Monday, June 18, 2007

My DBS Platinum Cards

Dear friends and yes, including those who are working in DBS Bank too,

This is based on the last credit card statement I just received.

For my platinum card, I spent $668.17 and I got 132 points. It looks like I am getting 1 point for $5 spent.

More importantly, what is the $ value per 1 point that I am getting from DBS Bank?
Take for example - For a $100 CYC voucher, I need to get 3,500 points. http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/rewards/
Thus each point is valued at $0.029 or 2.9 cents.
DBS is effectively giving 2.9 cents for every $5 you spent ie. 0.58%.

Hmmm.. it does not sound like a good deal at all. But as I have been a single-hearted loyal customer of DBS Bank credit cards, I really don't know what other banks are giving for every $1 spent on their cards.

Can tell me which banks give you a better deal?

I really don't feel very platinum right now... haizzzz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some cards are offering 2 points for $5 spent..

Anonymous said...

But what can you get with the 2 points?

Ie. what is the value of the 2 points?

Anonymous said...

hmmm... maybe the number of points you've gotten could let you exchange some rewards / prize thing?
i suppose so.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

What about 5 to 10 membership rewards points for every S$1.60 spent and points do not expire. Does it sound a good deal for u hmm.... :) or S$1,280 to redeem for 1,000 krisflyer miles?

Anonymous said...

What is the point of getting 1,000,000 points for spending $1,000 .... when the 1,000,000 points can only exchange for you a bar of chocolate?

Are you happy with it?