Saturday, February 05, 2011

Reviewing my insurance portfolio

reckless tricycling

Last month, I briefly reviewed my portfolio of insurance policies. I was looking for information as to why Great Eastern kept asking me to upgrade and I actually agreed to pay more and more for additional protection which I am not sure whether I need.

An old friend of mine went through his review of insurance portfolios and shared with us his parameters for his decisions. Should I take an active effort to review and align them to my current protection needs?

Without including my children's portfolios, my protection is with 3 insurance companies (luckily) with no specific insurance agent to work with. Coupled with fact that I filed all my scanned insurance documents in a folder by chronological order, to review is a breeze. I even scanned the "sales / promo documents" to cite as evidence in case of dispute in the future on who said what and when. I never really trusted insurance agents (and property agents too) as our respective interests are not in alignment.

I will try to define my protection into these areas ie. health/medical and accident. Investment and savings are not under the definition of insurance.

Seriously Edgar, get your butt off the chair and review them urgently!!!

No comments: