Tuesday, December 02, 2008

One year Anniversary

a drink

It has been slightly more than a year since I embark on my second entrepreneur stint.

In my first stint ie. towards the end of 1998 financial crisis, I took on a service business that the market here was not familiar. That stint was effectively ended by the dotcom bust. My expatriate customer base was being "reassigned" home. Coincidentally I was offered a deal to walk away financially unscathed and I took it.

My business model was weak and Edgar didn't know that many people in Singapore then. I was pretty much flying around the region. Singapore was not a familiar terrain.

This time round I feel I am much better equipped after my experience of working in a large local GLC and took the opportunity of "reinventing" myself from a general degree holder to a qualified professional.

Do I regret leaving a regular paycheck job? No. In fact, I enjoy the freedom, thrills and tribulations of making a living.

It is not easy but it has been fun... but I miss "you".

To friends and staff who have given me your support, I sincerely thank you.

My best wishes to you as 2008 draws to an end. Cheers

No comments: