Friday, February 08, 2008

While we celebrate our CNY, ...

...I know of a family with a "cher char" business in financial trouble.

Just two days before CNY, PUB cut the water supply to the coffee shop they are running. They have been behind with more than $7,500 utilities bills unpaid over last few months.

I was told it was not the first time PUB had tried to cut the supply. Warnings were given but I guess the family just couldn't come up with the money.

This being the peak season to make some monies, their opportunity loss would be tremendous!!

It is certainly not easy to run a business.

Just pray that everyone will have a good, happy and healthy year ahead.

P/S - I will take a walk to the coffee shop later to check whether they have resume business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Edgar,

Even if they managed to get the required cash flows and keep business running during this peak season, it is not going to save the entity. A LONG-TERM STRATEGY IS REQUIRED. If only I could come up with a long-term plan, I would have saved my own company from failure.