Sunday, December 02, 2007

my eyes opening experience Part 1

I walked casually into the clinic after lunch, without any appointment. Everybody (ie. I think they are all girls with long hair) was busy. I just took the form and filled it up.


I was duly given and told of an itinerary of eye tests, procedures, counselling sessions etc which I should expect to dedicate 2 to 3 hours of that afternoon to complete.


I was duly shown to a waiting area dedicated to 10-15 people like me at various stages of completing the itinerary. For all the various tests, I was attended to by beautiful people.


In one of the tests, the optometrist lady asked me why I looked so tired. I said I was bored. Her response, "Maybe we should put more exciting movies on the tv.... all right, can you read the third row of alphabets for me?" "... A . urr F.. D .. O and T ?"


As part of the process, clients like me are made to sit through 10 minutes of watching an educational video on Lasik to ensure that we know what we are doing.


After all the tests and video, I finally get to see the doctor. A hugh man. "Hi Edgar.. shaked hands.. and briskly ushered me to a machine and examined my eyeballs for 20 seconds flat. He then said something about my astigmatism, high degrees and mild presbyopia... in his medical opinion was for me to go for wavefront. "How much more?" I asked. "I don't discuss prices here. My staff will attend to you about this later." Duly ushered out of consultation room.


Next, group counselling session. Wow! Just to make doubly sure that e know what we have decided to go through. 6-8 of us were gathered into another room and we were given the dos, don'ts and risks etc etc.


After which, I confirmed my operation date and paid my bills. Yes, a few thousands poorer. But looking forward to the big day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! was u accompanied by a very pleasant looking lady to the taxi stand after the surgery?? hehe no pun intended