Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lifetime Warranty

P/S - Can someone read the books and summarise for me?

I was unpleasantly challenged in my simple understanding of the phrase "lifetime warranty".

I bought a router from an IT show about 1 year ago. At the point of sale, the salesperson highlighted to me the special warranty feature.

I attempted to rely on the warranty today when I called the service centre to service my dead router. After reading the model number to the service person over the phone, he told me the product has been phased out and thus the warranty has expired. I was then advised to buy a new one.

Like a true Edgar, I am not going to take this lying down. So I said, please email to me the terms and conditions which define "lifetime warranty".

A few minutes later, he called and informed that they will honour the warranty as understood by me ie. make good a failed product as long as the consumer wants to use that product.

Moral of the story
Ask for the definition of "lifetime warranty" if ever you were offered such a deal. Whose lifetime? The product's life? Your life?

Or the poor ant's life :)

P/S - I am withholding the name of company out of respect that it has honoured the warranty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! u r good ^_^