Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bali Airport at Denpasar


Dear friends,

Firstly, I wish to share with you something I have never done before in my life.

I slept on 2 chairs placed in a row at the Bali airport between 1230am and 2am. I placed on head on a bottle of water and my legs on the stained table.

What happened? Jetstar/Valuejet flight was inadvertently delayed with an unknown reason since 945pm schedule. We were efficiently notified by sms at about 5pm in the evening. My well travelled friend assured me that since Jetstar can notified us so early, he was pretty sure they should be able to fly another plane to Bali from Singapore to pick us up.

We were first promised that we can board the plane at 1230am. Imagine the cursings, swearing and sighings from tired fellow passengers after one whole of fun and laughter at the beaches when we were handed water and some finger food while being told that the flight will be delayed by another hour to 2am.

Second observation - The airport is really crowded for incoming and outgoing. Is Bali benefitting from Thailand's misfortune? See picture above. Very very little air conditioning with so many bodies from Japan, Korea and Australia. Please go to airport EARLY if you are planning your departure.

Thirdly, the immigration officer actually ask me for a "tip" openly when I arrived. It was so loud that his fellow officer was stunned by his request. When we were checking out, we saw a woman trying to pay... Sadly.. this type of thing is still going on..

No comments: