Thursday, March 06, 2008

Private schools and you...

We have read in recent weeks of the many woes and problems faced by both foreign and local students of local private schools here in Singapore.

My view is that the problem arises because of the way the students make decision about their future. How would I choose?

Is what I am going to study related to the career I am aiming for? Will it help me to make a living?

After choosing the course of study that I want to do, I would research which school in the world/Singapore that has been providing the best education in this area.

But most of the time, people place priority on the following instead.

School nice or not?
Is it in Singapore? I want to go there lei no matter what.
How long is the sutdent pass that the school can get for me?
How much is the fees? How long to study before can get degree?
Wah so nice.. can go UK in the third year to study a few months?

Well perhaps.. we got to re-jig our priorities before we sign on the dotted lines. For otherwise, you could probably face the prospects of the school closing down prematurely, lecturers not qualified, degrees/qualifications not recognised by employers etc etc etc...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get a recognised professional qualification (like ACCA),,,,and the employers will recognise your pay.
some people after for cheap..cheap..and easy cert, at the end got cheap cheap pay la.