Monday, January 28, 2008

When the buying stops, ...


Not only will the killing stops, inflation will slow too.
Property transactions slowing.
Extreme cash over valuation for HDB is unsustainable.

Expensive Chinese New Year's bashes at restaurants are still all book up.

Bak kwa prices (I am not crazy about it) are going up to as high as gold prices.

ERP gantries are springing up here and there and will cost 50cts more from tomorrow.

Stock markets have been correcting.

Interest rates are going southward.

Bottomline - I am not buying any New Year decor for this New Year. I am trying not to buy anything. Can you too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Edgar,

Compliments to you. A true-blue accountant. I didnt buy anything too!!

Anonymous said...

hi Edgar,
even a packet of Muah-Chee sells for S$2.50 ! can u imagine ? !

Anonymous said...

Hi Edgar,

The inflation rate is now 5% or more!! My friend and I sigh..... into the late night yesterday. money no enough!!! sigh not enough.... sigh again....